Amelia went away from home for a few days.
During that time she determined to pray for her son until she was assured that God would save him. She locked herself in a room and pled for hours for God to reach through to her son and extend mercy to him. Suddenly she sensed a release from her burden and began to praise God for answering her prayer.
Unbeknown to her, at that same time that Amelia was praying, her unmotivated and aimless teenage son was at home bored and without purpose. He went into his father’s library, picked up one book after another and put it down. Then he spied a pamphlet entitled Poor Richard. He read the brief story. Suddenly realization dawned that Yeshua had done all that was necessary for his salvation. He felt impelled to accept that provision by faith. With a sense of God’s presence he fell to his knees and committed his life to the Lord, promising to serve him forever.
Amelia and her son, Hudson Taylor, rejoiced when they met again and compared notes. Hudson now had a life goal which he faithfully pursued throughout his lifetime -- to share Yeshua in China. He sailed to China for the first time as a 21 year old in 1853, founded the China Inland Mission (CIM) two years later, and spent 51 years in his adopted country. He was consumed with a desire to bring the promised salvation of Jesus to all whom he could reach in China. He invited thousands to join him as self-supporting missionaries, as he was.
Hudson Taylor’s example continues to impact, not only China, but the world. Many who have read his story have been prompted to follow in his footsteps to dedicate their lives in selfless service, enduring numerous hardships, while inviting those of many lands to accept Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord. Due to sensitive issues in China CIM moved to Singapore in 1950 and has expanded under the name Overseas Missionary Fellowship International, operating in 30 nations. Hudson Taylor Ministries in Canada also functions, but has temporarily closed their web site due to the tenuous religious conditions currently in China in 2018-2019.
How grateful Amelia Taylor would be to see the magnified answer to her prayers for Hudson’s conversion. Through the centuries many godly mothers have prayed for their children, and God has rewarded their unceasing prayers with consecrated sons and daughters who have lived remarkable lives. Any concerned mother today may earnestly pray and claim Bible promises on behalf of her precious children, trusting that God will likewise reward her prayers. Below are a few powerful, partially quoted Bible promises from only the book of Isaiah. Pray in faith, believing, anxious mother. God WILL answer your earnest, persevering, trusting prayers:
• “I will...bring my sons from far and my daughters from the ends of the earth;”
• “I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:”
• “I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.”
• “And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.”
• “When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him...My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.” (Isaiah 43:5, 6; 44:3; 49:25; 54:13; 59:19, 21)
Picture originally found here