What you need:
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) package active dry yeast
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup bread flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal and flour (to dust counter) Toppings:
1/2 medium red onion, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup dinosaur kale, chopped
vegan Parmesan, to taste
1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon white truffle oil
What you do:
1. For crust, combine water, sugar, and active dry yeast in a bowl to activate yeast, and let sit for at least 5 minutes. In a mixer, add the dry ingredients and mix on a low setting using a bread hook.
2. When the yeast is ready, add it to the mixer with the olive oil. Mix the dough until it forms a uniform ball, and starts to climb the bread hook. If you do not have a mixer, then combine the dry ingredients with the bowl of yeast, and knead until smooth.
3. Remove dough, and let stand for about 45-50 minutes or until it doubles in size. Preheat the oven to 475°F. While dough is rising, saute onions over medium heat in olive oil until caramelized.
4. Stretch the dough to fit a round pizza baking pan. Lightly dust with cornmeal/flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Make the middle dough thinner in order for the outside dough to be thicker (for thicker crust).
5. Add about 1/2 the vegan mozzarella, the caramelized onions, kale, vegan Parmesan, then mushrooms. Top with the remaining mozzarella and drizzle with truffle oil (including over crust). Bake for 15 minutes.
Source of recipe: I wrote the recipe. For more information, please see my blog here: http://veganmiss.blogspot.com/2012/01/mushroom-kale-pizza-with-truffle-o...
Originally found here