Don't let its plain appearance fool you; (that's what the pretty bowl is for anyway). These lentils, baked for a long time with tomatoes and molasses, are incredibly delicious especially served over rice or pasta.
- 2 cups brown lentils, uncooked
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) can of tomatoes, blended
- Cook lentils until soft in 5 cups of water. When the lentils have absorbed the water, add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake at 350°F for 60 minutes. Serve over rice, pasta, or eat on its own.
Ready in about 1 hour
Makes 10 servings