Don't let its plain appearance fool you (that's what the pretty bowl is for anyway). These lentils, baked for a long time with tomatoes and molasses, are incredibly delicious especially served over rice or pasta.
• 2 cups brown lentils, uncooked
• 5 cups water
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon molasses
• 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 (12-ounce) can tomatoes, blended
1. Cook lentils until soft in 5 cups of water. When the lentils have absorbed the water, add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
2. Transfer to a baking dish and bake at 350°F for 60 minutes. Serve over rice, pasta, or eat on its own.
Ready in about 1 hour
Makes 10 servings
Originally found here