Perfect for your summer picnics.
• sea salt
• ½ pound small pasta shells
• 3 cups petite white corn, frozen
• 6 scallions, thinly sliced
• 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
• ½ cup Vegenaise
• ¼ cup Tofutti sour cream
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a pinch of salt. Add the pasta and cook until al dente—8-10 minutes.
2. Add the corn to the pasta and cook for another 2 minutes
3. Drain the pasta and corn together in a colander and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the scallions, diced pepper and tomatoes, tossing gently to combine. Allow to cool.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the Vegenaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons of salt.
5. Pour over the pasta and mix well to blend the ingredients
6. Cover with clear wrap and chill for 4-6 hours to develop the flavors. Serve chilled.
Ready in about 20 minutes
Originally found here
Posted on Shalom Adventure by: B Ellen Gurien