This is one of the easiest soups in this cookbook, and can be dressed up or down in any direction, depending on the aromatics, vegetables, proteins, etc. that you have in your fridge.
• 4 red potatoes, peeled and diced
• 5 cups cups water, divided
• 1 cup raw cashews
• 3 teaspoons onion powder
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, thyme, or basil, minced (optional)
• Combine the potatoes with 4 cups of water in a large pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
• Meanwhile, in a high-speed blender, blend the cashews, onion salt, and 1 cup of water until the mixture is very smooth.
• When the potatoes are tender, add the cashew soup base to the pot. Heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning the cream.
• Stir in herbs, if using, then serve.
Ready in about 30-45 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings
Originally found here