Who doesn't like a burger? Better yet, who doesn't like a healthy and extraordinary burger? This is eggplant's best kept secret.
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
• 2 cups (about ½ pound) eggplant, peeled and cubed
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ⅓ cup bread crumbs, plain
• 2 green onions, chopped
• ¼ cup vegan cheese, shredded (optional)
• 4 burger buns
• Toppings of choice
1. In a large, non-stick frying pan, combine olive oil, garlic, eggplant and salt. Sauté until soft, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool to the touch.
2. In a medium sized bowl, add bread crumbs, green onions, and cheese (optional). Add cooled eggplant dish and mix together.
3. Form eggplant mixture into four patties. Fry over medium heat until browned on each side.
4. Serve with toppings of your choice. Traditional burger style or a personal favorite: roasted red bell pepper, caramelized onions and your choice of greens.
Ready in about 45 minutes
Makes 4 Servings
Originally found here