Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 16 oz. can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Oil for frying
1. Combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper (to taste) in medium bowl. Add flour.
2. Mash chickpeas, ensuring to mix ingredients together. You want the result to be a thick paste.
3. Form the mixture into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball.
4. Fry in2 inchesof oil at 350 degrees until golden brown (5-7 minutes).
5. Serve hot.
Falafel can be served as an appetizer with hummus and tahini.
Stuff pita bread with falafel, lettuce, tomatoes, tahini, salt and pepper.
As an alternative, falafel can be formed into patties and served like a burger.
Posted by: Aryella Trinidad