Beans provide protein, amino acids, and fiber. They’re a secret weapon for blood sugar control. This recipe is an easy and tasty way to eat your beans.
Life and Health tip: The salad will taste even better the next day. Store it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
• 1 (15 oz.) can green beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 1-2 stalks celery, sliced
• 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
• ⅓ cup packed fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 3 green onions, finely chopped
• ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• ½ teaspoon ground mustard
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon onion powder
• ⅛ - ¼ teaspoon salt
• Place beans and vegetables in a large bowl and mix.
• In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until combined. Adjust to taste if needed.
• Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
• Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
• Season with salt and adjust dressing to taste.
Ready in about 10 minutes
Makes 5-8 servings
Originally found here