There’s always time for warm, delectable, pumpkin-cinnamon spice muffins.
• 1 cup whole wheat flour
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• ⅓ cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
• 1 cup water
• 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
• Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray the muffin pan or line it with muffin cups.
• Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. With the spoon, move the dry ingredients toward the edge of the bowl creating a "well" (an indent in the middle of the flour mixture).
• Add the wet ingredients (pumpkin, water, and vanilla) to the middle of the "well".
• Mix the wet ingredients together slightly and then start mixing the dry ingredients into the wet until it is all well mixed. Be careful not to over mix! Stop when the batter feels mostly mixed but still has lumps in it (not a smooth surface).
• With a large spoon, fill the muffin cups equally. Bake for 15 minutes. Test the muffins by sticking a knife or toothpick into one. If the knife comes out clean, they are finished. If the knife comes out with batter on it, put them back into the oven for 3-5 more minutes and test again.
• Remove the muffins from the pan and cool them on a wire rack.
Ready in about 40 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
Originally found here